DraftKings Sportsbook Review
DraftKings became known in online gambling industry as the world’s best Daily Fantasy Sports website. DraftKings Sportsbook in Colorado became legal in May 2020 but before sports betting online was legal it was also best Colorado daily fantasy sports betting platform. Long before punters could bet on their favourite sports, they knew exactly who and what DraftKings was even though they couldn’t legally bet on sports. Players should take note that while they might have previously accessed DraftKings for their fill of Fantasy Sports, it is a different app when accessing the sportsbook while remaining the sleekest in online betting industry. Our review of DraftKings sportsbook is authentic and unbiased to give players an option between best sportsbooks sites in Colorado.
Sports Available at DraftKings Sportsbook
DraftKings Sports Offered includes:
- Motor racing
- Formula 1
- NHL plus more hockey leagues
- Euro league
- College basketball
- College football
Draftkings playbook NBA live game odds can be found on betting bookmaker reviews when players cannot access DraftKings for any reason. Live betting odds that are available for the playbook include bets on games and markets like CBF, CBB, NHL, MLB, NBA and NFL. An advantage is that players will be able to compare odds and place live bets as games and matches unfold.
With cash-out gaming, players have a massive advantage. As you learnt in our DraftKings betting review can you also participate in live betting via sportsbook DraftKings. Cash out betting enables players to change their bet while a game is underway. This ensures that no losses are incurred.
How to start betting?
You can start betting within minutes with easy, quick registration that includes your identity or id document, social security number and banking details. The advantage that players have is that they have a choice to do it online or register in-person at Twin River Casino when they do not want to share personal information via online software. Online registrations can be made via PC and mobile app.
App and Mobile
DraftKings Sportsbook developers have app users in mind when designing this sportsbook. While it is excellent across all platforms it offers immersive play with inclusive analytics and statistics for app users. It offers superior methods to do sports research and check betting trends and stats before placing a bet on Mac, Linux, Windows, Android and Apple users. Players using mobile must download the app to access DraftKings which is due to location services.
How to download DraftKings Sportsbook app
DraftKings app for Android
Google Play does not have an app for DraftKings, and the app must be downloaded from DraftKings website. Go to settings on an Android device and change it to download apps from unknown sources. You are now ready to click on Android app and you download will start.
Reading a DraftKings app review for iOS you will see it has one of the highest scores compared to competitors. It is a small file ready for download via Apple App Store. The app is available in a tremendous number of languages and requires an OS of 11.0 and higher. You can also download the app for Apple Watches with os of 3.0 and up. It is compatible with iPod, iPad and iPhone too.
Promo and bonuses
As industry leader DraftKings offers a superior bonus to new players even though it doesn’t have no deposit bonus, you will find no DraftKing scams but real bonuses that players can claim.
New player bonus
As welcome bonus new players get 2 different welcome offers valued at $1000. The first is the 1st deposit 100% matching bonus for up to $500. No DraftKings promo code required to claim this bonus.
A risk-free bet valued at $500 is the second part of the welcome package. This means if a player wagers a bet for up to $500 and loses the bet, he will get the full amount back. If the bet wins, it isn’t applicable, but this type of risk-free bet is a winner either way. Yet again no Bonus code required.
New and existing players are kept happy with special odds boost that includes daily odds boosts, player prop boosts and daily parlay boosts.
How does DraftKings work?
A Review of DraftKings sportsbook is all players need to understand that sports can be accessed via mobile but also laptop and computers. The interface remains unchanged except for widened layout both horizontally and vertically. Something that players should know is that via mobile app, geolocation is automatic, however, as soon as you access DraftKings via desktop, location software will have to be downloaded to access DraftKings. Players don’t have to be resident of Colorado to place wagers but need to be within state lines. An advantage that players have is that they will now be able to play both daily fantasy sports and sports betting and go from one to the other but keeping in mind that the sportsbook app and DFS app are separate entities online
Which bet types are available on DraftKings Sportsbook?
- Point spreads – where some players know it as straight bets, it is referred to as point spreads at some casinos. Here it is straightforward to place a bet which makes it a novice favourite. You place a bet either way for an underdog to get points of the favourite. When the underdog wins either by far or loses less than what point spread was, it will be covering a bet to win.
- Moneylines – you decide without a point spread which team will win and here you must be sure of your bet as nothing covers or supports this bet. Major sports favour this type of bet and you stand to win big when betting a large amount on an underdog and it wins.
- Totals (over/under) you decide if the total will be underscore or overscore.
- Futures – when you know that it is impossible to place a bet on a next Super Bowl, take a future bet. That is exactly what it is, a bet placed today on a game in the future.
- Propositions – bets placed during play, in matches like points being scored, goals being kicked, half-time scores etc. are part of a proposition bet.
- Parlays – a parlay is more than two and something more can mean up to 12. This is a high-risk bet that novices wouldn’t take a chance on, but when you get it right, your rewards are big.
- Teasers – a teaser works like a parlay except you are grouping picks by tweaking a bet to add point spreads. It is a difficult bet that should only be done by an experienced bettor.
- Player Props – you might not see player prop on most sportsbooks as they refer to it as a side bet, which it is.
Payout speed on DraftKings is quick with a processing period of 24 hours after which players receive money into account depending on method used, it is very fast.
DraftKings has a vast number of safe, secure banking options with the following deposit options and minimum deposit amounts.
- Bank transfers, check – e-checks are increasingly used with a minimum $20 deposit. It is an instant deposit when you get your account verified before making your first deposit.
- Bank Cards – various bank cards are accepted with the minimum deposit amount of $20. American Express, MasterCard and Visa are accepted.
- Cash – fund your account via in-person payment at the casino cash cage or use PayNearMe which are found at local convenience stores in Colorado.
- Electronic wallets – Neteller, Skrill and PayPal are funded via banks, however, a convenient and safe way to keep banking details from casinos and sportsbooks. The minimum deposit is $25.
Players are requested to make use of the same withdrawal method that they used to make a deposit. The exception, however, is that a player cannot use Neteller or PayNearMe to withdraw funds. In these instances, an alternative must be used like withdrawing at casino cash cage or bank card. The minimum withdrawal amount across any one of these methods is $20.
- PayPal has a processing period of 24 hours after which payment will be received.
- Cash cage withdrawal also has a minimum of $20 and is an instant withdrawal
- All cards, AMEX, Mastercard and Visa takes up to 24 hours to process and thereafter between 3 – 5 days to receive into players bank accounts
DraftKings is one of the last top sportsbooks to reach Colorado but certainly one of the best. Everyone in Colorado knows this sportsbook with its excellent reputation after being the DFS leader in the world. It has an excellent reputation and well-rounded sportsbook that is a must-try for residents of the state.
- Established and well-known name in the sports and gambling industry
- Excellent welcome bonus
- Good customer support including live chat
- Fast payouts plus wide banking options
- Players must use the app via mobile as the sportsbook cannot be accessed via mobile platforms.
What states is DraftKings legal in?
While it is now one of the Colorado legal sports betting sites, DraftKings is also legal through the Gaming Enforcement Division from the beginning of May 2020 in other states. Included states are West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Iowa as well as Colorado.
Can you win money playing DraftKings?
DraftKings is a legal and licensed online sportsbook. Under the laws and regulations of the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) players can bet on sports available on DraftKings to win real money that can be withdrawn to their bank accounts
Can you play DraftKings for free?
DraftKings is an online sportsbook and one of the top gambling sites that do not ask any player for money and unless you want to play for real money, you cannot play the sports for free. Unlike casinos where there are free slots to try out, sports betting works differently with player registration required and no play free options.
Is DraftKings available in Colorado?
Yes, since 1 May 2020 you can play DraftKings online via the app or desktop or you can visit it at its partner land-based casino.
Don’t forget to read out detailed reviews on the best sportsbooks in the United States for a great betting experience: