Online Poker in Colorado – Legal Live Poker Sites
With several legal online poker states in the United States like New Jersey, Nevada as well as Delaware, the inclusion of Colorado is great news for this state even though no set rule legalizes poker in this state. Colorado lawmakers drafted an iGaming bill in 2013 already to authorize gambling for real money at online sites. While prospects of legalizing it online aren’t bright, it isn’t dim either therefore are we doing a Colorado online poker overview to see how legal or illegal it really is to play poker online.
Best Poker Sites in Colorado – How We Test the Best?
There are a couple of very important factors we look for in top recommended poker sites, for example, Poker Stars where you are playing online card games for real money. Colorado online gambling sites have the following: Good Welcome offers and other bonuses for new players include either a no deposit bonus or a 100% matching bonus which could be for up to $500 and more.
- Jackpot winnings – what kind of jackpots are offered at the casino or internet poker sites; do they offer progressive jackpots or single jackpots?
- Tournaments – regular tournaments are something we look at as well as tournament duration and regularity. Does it offer large tournaments with huge stakes like the WSOP?
- Loyalty Program – loyalty programs are not at the top of our list but just as important. We want players rewarded and feeling appreciated by sites. A good loyalty program will reward its players for time spent online, for wagers placed, tournaments entered, etc. Good VIP programs consist of prizes, additional or free tournament entry, faster payouts, etc.
- Software developers – who developed the platform and who is the developer of games offered. Industry-leading developers are always present on reputable online casinos and card sites.
Licenses are vital as an unlicensed site would mean that you will most likely not get bonuses or be able to withdraw winnings etc. Licensing from Kahnawake or Malta Gambling Commission are trusted and well-known.
- Texas Hold’Em – the most popular variant that is easy to learn where 2 players have to place blinds. Each player gets 2 cards in clockwise gameplay and after a first bet round, 3 cards are dealt onto a table after which players try their best hand.
- Pot-Limit Omaha – the second most popular game where 4 cards are dealt instead of 3 like in Texas Hold’Em. If you can learn Texas Hold’Em it will be easy for you to play
- Seven-Card Stud – one of the easier games to learn where the best five-card hand wins
- Razz – Also reaching the lowest hand with flushes and straights not counting
- Omaha Hi-Lo – similar to pot-limit except the pot is divided between 5 cards highest and lowest. Low is ranked at 8 and lower
- 2-7 Triple Draw – players try for the best low hand and what is important here is that an Ace is always a high card with the best possible hand always starting at a 2-card. Here players can draw 3 times while opponents can’t see their cards
- Five-Card Draw – players will be going towards the highest hand again without others seeing your hand and you won’t be able to assess the strength of players against you without seeing their cards either.
- Chinese Poker – it’s not very popular even though it is beginner-friendly. More players like 4 are better and each gets 13 cards to make the best possible 3 hands.
- HORSE – only play it when you know the game well as it is a combination of 5 poker variants and played in high-stake tournaments including the World Series of Poker.
- Badugi – this variant fall under lowball games and one of the latest forms of the game where suits matter. Straights are not counting to get a low hand and you want 4 cards of different suits with the lowest count hand the winner.
Colorado Poker Mobile Apps
Mobile apps give you the flexibility to take your game wherever you are. You get downloadable apps for iOS and Android. Poker is usually in portrait layout with interactive chat to access live dealer games. Some of the best mobile apps where you can be playing online poker for real money in Colorado include Poker Stars and Unibet. These come with easy to navigate lobby, recreational player-friendly while two of the best poker sites for serious players. Play on mobile with potential achievements to unlock that will qualify you for open tournaments. Players have access to top card games including Texas Hold’Em as well as Seven Card Stud and Omaha. Other abilities include a single table or multiple tables at once. On a tablet, it would be easy to bet 5 tables at once while a smaller screen of a smartphone would be better suited for 2 – 3 games if you prefer multiple tables. A good poker app feature is the ability to switch between mobile app and computer especially during tournament play where you don’t want to interrupt long play sessions.
What is or is Not Legal in Colorado?
In Colorado, players are entitled to specific types of real money sites for online gambling. Sports betting of all kinds including horse racing as well as DFS are legal including all types of leagues betting and more are allowed for gambling with real cash. Casino games and poker rooms are not legal. There are regulated real money poker websites where Colorado players can play card games, but Colorado does not offer to license to online poker sites, neither does it have any regulated online gambling sites.
Popular Colorado Casino Deposit Methods
Players that want to deposit at a card game site will find multiple banking methods via safe and secure platforms. A minimum deposit is usually $20 especially when you want to qualify for a welcome bonus as a new player making your first deposit. Banking methods accepted at these online sites include:
- Visa, Mastercard
- Skrill, Neteller
- Bank transfer
Online Poker Withdrawals Methods
Similar methods here for deposit can be used to request withdrawal except for Paysafecard. This is only a means for deposit with recommended withdrawal would be to use bank cards, bank transfer, or PayPal.
How to Play Online Poker with PayPal deposits
Sites accepting PayPal are preferred as you don’t need a special account set up for your winnings. You never have to give out banking details when you are unsure of a poker site with banking details remaining private. Sites do not charge fees with online poker PayPal with instant deposits while cashout is just as fast. Colorado online Poker sites like 888Poker accept PayPal where the maximum withdrawal time is 24 hours. The minimum deposit amount at card and casino sites using PayPal is $20 and the same when you want to withdraw.
Where Can I Play Poker Live in Colorado?
Black Hawk has Ameristar which has 22 tables with magnificent Colorado Rockies views if you have time away from your game. Isle Casino in Black Hawk offers 30 outstanding live tables with popular games like Mississippi Stud, Bonus 6 as well as Texas Hold’Em. An entire second floor of the casino is dedicated to its massive games room. Golden Gates is another one of Colorado’s biggest card rooms with 24/7 action from 20 tables in Black Hawk. Up to four daily tournaments ranging from low stakes to impressively high stakes hands. From August to September the Colorado Poker Championship is hosted here while the 1-million-dollar Heartland Poker Tour also stops by here each year.
History of Colorado Online Poker
In 2005 it was made clear, online gambling was illegal and Colorado took part to start taking action in preventing unregulated gambling online. Online casinos were outlawed and only a year later the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act was passed by the federal government. A decade later a failed attempt at reviving poker and casinos failed at racetracks. DFS was the only sports or betting form to get the green light in 2016 with sports betting legislation passing in 2018.
Legal and Regulated Online Poker in Colorado
Online gambling in Colorado exists in various forms even though not all of them are legal and regulated. Citizens voted yes to Proposition DD with Colorado joining the list of legal sports betting sites. For the time being, is real money online casinos and poker sites not authorized in the state. Nonetheless are there a large number of live poker rooms and brick and mortar casinos. In Colorado are sweepstakes casino and poker games offered throughout the state. Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission (CLGCC) is not permitting or licensing any platforms to allow anyone to Play Colorado online poker for real money even though there are six live card rooms in Colorado that are legal but these are brick-and-mortar casino card rooms.
- Is it legal to play online poker in Colorado?
- You can play online in Colorado; however, Colorado doesn’t have its own regulated, licensed poker rooms online that are licensed by the Colorado Gaming Commission. When all else fails and you cannot find online money to gamble poker room, register at an online casino to play video poker. Casino and sportsbooks like BetAmerica which is legal in Colorado offer video poker as well as casino games.
- Do poker sites accept PayPal, Paynearme, Skrill?
- Yes, poker sites accept e-wallets as well as PayNearMe depending on where you are. Colorado poker sites prefer players to use easy and anonymous methods like PayNearMe while e-wallets like PayPal are always welcomed.
- How to play with bonuses?
- You need to register at a reputable poker site after looking at the best online gambling sites. Look to see what the bonus offers are, do you need to make a deposit or is it offering a no deposit bonus? If it has a 100% matching bonus, you will have to make a deposit. To take full advantage of the bonus see what the maximum deposit is valid for, for example, is it a 100% matching bonus for up to $500? Deposit the amount you want and when the funds are in your account you are ready to play your first game. Make sure that you verify identification so that there is no dispute later that you might have been playing illegally. Check the bonus terms and conditions to see the wagering requirements or other terms attached like specific payment methods might be excluded, etc.
- Will online poker be taxed in Colorado?
- Players will be taxed at State and Federal levels. The flat-rate income tax of Colorado is 4.63% while federal taxes at its highest level can be 39.6%.