Online Gambling in Colorado: The Legal Way
Legal betting can now be done in Colorado, and this includes sports betting apps like DraftKings, Sportsbook, BetRivers, and Fanduel Sportsbook. Colorado online gambling sites are popping up left and right to take advantage of the new law. Starting on May 2020, all Colorado residents, for the very first time, will be able to bet on their team of choice legally.
Best Online Gambling Sites in Colorado
The Day Gambling Became Legal in Colorado
On May the first, 2020, the first online sportsbooks will go live in Colorado, ensuring that all the gamblers interested in participating in such events have access to it legally. This has passed through the Colorado gaming commission. The professional and amateur sports protection act (PASPA) of 1992 is a judicially-overturned law that was meant to define the legal status of sports betting throughout the United States.
Through online betting based in Colorado, you gain access to a lot of apps that will allow you to win big. Now we can officially say that online gambling legal in CO. Ranging from single-game wagering, futures, live betting, and props, everything will be easily accessible and available to you at any time through your mobile device across the entire state of Colorado.
Online Sports Betting in Colorado
As online sports betting finally became legal in Colorado, the doors are open for people to play for real and engage in a variety of amazing games that will keep them entertained for hours without end. You will have access to a lot of games to bet on through various mobile or desktop applications which are easy to get into, understand and even feature geo-location software. You can even partake in parlay wagering with high American odds.
Furthermore, after the sweepstakes gambling laws, Colorado gaming has never been simpler and you will be able to bet on favorite teams and sports legal. The Colorado Division of gaming has also made this legal and the enforcement division of the department of revenue also plays a huge role.
What You Can Bet on in CO
There are a lot of Colorado betting apps on which you can bet on, including: Horse Racing Bets Get in the loop and start betting on horse races in Colorado. Arapahoe Park, which originally opened in 1992 in the Denver suburb o Aurora, is the only live racing venue located within Colorado. As such, it gives you access to live racing ranging from May to August.
With simulcast wagering as-well, there are 12 off-track betting parlors throughout the state that offer the same. Making online bets on horse races is legal. Throughout its history, about three US-owned horse betting sides covered all of the Colorado horse racing events, these include BetAmerica, Twin Spires, and TVG. Note that all sites offer bets on races that are in other states, as well as cross country or international races too, making your choices limitless.
Colorado DFS Contests
Colorado offer legal daily fantasy sports or DFS. This has been the case since 2016 with a bill that allows the state’s Division of Professions and Occupations to govern all DFS activity which sets license and renewal fees for operators. This means that all games will be licensed and regulated. It is also important to note that DFS operators that have less than 7.500 users can operate even without a license. So operator licenses are not a must in all cases.
It also prohibits operator employees from playing DFS themselves and forces operators to make sure that all of the data they receive is secure and all player and operator funds are segregated. DFS contents that include amateur sporting events, such as college sports, are prohibited and 18 years is the minimum age for you to play DFS, which leads to people needing to go through age verification processes in order to play.
Lottery Games in Colorado
Of course, you can also enjoy lottery in Colorado and gamble online, and the lottery mobile application and website are filled with information on each and every game including the tools you can use. You can even buy tickets in advance using the state’s Advanced Play option. This can be done in the game of Powerball, Colorado Lotto+, Lucky for life, and Mega Million with tickets. Keep in mind that a subscription service is not allowed, and the Advance Play feature is available through lottery retailers only.
Sports Betting Online or at Retail Venues
Ever since the passing of the HB19–1327, Proposition DD has been approved by state voters in November of 2019, making both retail and online sports betting legal, which no longer violates bill hb19-1327 and permitting them to begin in-state starting May 1st, 2020. So now you might be asking yourself, where can I bet on sports in Colorado?
What Companies are Offering Sports Betting
Every industry needs its healthy share of competitions, as everyone benefits from it, so here is a list of some of the companies that are offering real money gambling and sports betting which even offer mobile sports betting and serve as a list of the betting operators.
- Ceasars Sportsbook
- William Hill
- FOX Bet
Operators That Have Colorado Sports Betting Licenses
- Barstool Sportsbook
- Circa sports
- DraftKings Sportsbook
- FanDuel Sportsbook
- FOX Bet
- SBK (Smarkets)
- theScore Bet
- William Hill
Casino and Betting Bonuses for Colorado New Players
A lot of new player bonuses and rewards are planned for new Colorado-based sports betting accounts. Make sure you take advantage of these bonuses if you are opening a new account, as these are designed to encourage you to play with a specific operator of choice and have a lot of loyalty promotions that will ensure that you stay with the operator you initially choose to use throughout your adventure of gambling.
If an offer looks too good to be true at this point, well you are in for a surprise, as it is usually true in this case, a lot of operators have funds to back up their claims, however, you should always carefully read the terms and conditions before claiming any of them. Keep in mind that these operators look at you as a lifetime user, they are not in it for the short term, so they are willing to give out a lot of money initially to make you stick with them, which is an excellent bonus to receive, especially if you are just starting out with online gambling.
Now, the next step is highly dependent on the amount of money you decide to deposit on Colorado online casinos when you initially start off, however, there are two types of introductory offers to usually consider and these include:
Deposit Match Bonus
What you need to know about the match bonus is the fact that an operator makes a promise to match your deposit with an equal amount of cash. That being said, if you decide to deposit $100, the operator will offer 100% of that as a bonus as well. That being said, this bonus will only be released when you bet a specific amount of money, which can at times be several times the size of your initial deposit.
Keep in mind that the best bonuses are usually the easiest to earn, which means a perfect bonus would be one at which you would have to wager the same amount as the operator is willing to pay you as a bonus within your account directly.
With this option, you are getting free bets the operator is offering. They will let you bet a certain amount of money without depositing them or taking them away from your deposit. This means that, if you win, you keep the winnings, however, if you lose, you lose nothing. Keep in mind that these no deposit free bets bonuses are usually restricted with specific game types and bets, so choose one that seems most appealing to you and will give you the highest chance of winning.
The Different Types of Available Bets
There are a lot of options when it comes to making online bets, these include:
- Single-game bets
- Teaser bets
- In-game bets
- Proposition bets
- Straight bets
What Kind of Outline Horse Betting Will Be Available in Colorado? The Online horse betting available throughout Online Gambling websites in Colorado include Racetracks And Off-track Betting.
Legal Online Casinos in Colorado
This is a list of the largest Colorado Casinos Online which offer sports betting deals and have plans for online sports betting starting 2020:
- Bronco Billy’s Casino Hotel, Cripple Creek: This casino offers more than 800 slots and video poker with keno machines. There are a lot of table games such as blackjack, craps, three-card poker and roulette on offer as well, and the casino is open 24/7.
- Saratoga Casino Hotel, Black Hawk: This casino offers 500 slots and a handful of table games such as blackjack, craps, and roulette.
- Mardi Gras Casino & Resort, Black Hawk: The Mardi Gras Casino and Resort offers 650 slots and video poker machines, as well as 12 blackjack tables, two craps tables, and a roulette table as-well.
- Golden Gate Casino, Black Hawk: This casino is equipped with 275 slot machines and eight table games such as blackjack, craps, and roulette with an 18-table poker room.
- Double Eagle Hotel & Casino, Cripple Creek: The Double Eagle Hotel and Casino has 450 slot machines and a selection of table games.
- Century Casino & Hotel, Central City: This casino features 500 slots and video poker machines with small table games are. We expect all of these to have efficient and amazing legal online poker and online versions of their casinos which offer a lot more playing options and room so you can get on with gambling and winning big from the comfort of your browser or mobile application of choice.
What Kind of Casino Games Will Be Available in Colorado?
Online Casino Games will be available in Colorado, including games such as blackjack, Craps, Poker, Roulette and Slots
Can You Play Poker Online in Colorado?
There are currently no online poker sites in Colorado, as the last legislative effort to bring legalized websites to Colorado never got to a vote. However, through Global Poker and through a sweepstakes model, you can legally play poker online within the state. There are currently six live poker rooms in Colorado, and these include:
- Midnight Rose Poker Room: Cripple Creek (Nine Tables)
- Sky Ute Casino Poker Room (Tribal Casino): Ignacio (Six Tables)
- Ute Mountain Casino Poker Room (Tribal Casino): Towaoc (Eight Tables)
- Ameristar Casino Poker Room: Black Hawk (22 Tables)
- Golden Gates Casino Poker Parlour: Black Hawk (18 Tables)
- Isle Casino Poker Room: Black Hawk (Seven Tables)
On January 24th, 1983, The Colorado Lottery launched with scratch tickets. Games included Cash 5, Pick 3, and Colorado Lotto + draw games such as Lucky for Life, Mega Millions, and Powerball Scratch tickets.
About 50% of Colorado Lottery proceeds go to a trust fund by Great Outdoors Colorado, which distributes these funds to local governments and land trusts. 40% goes to the Conservation Trust Fund and 10% to Colorado Parks and Wildlife. The Colorado Lottery also has a full-fledged mobile app which helps you:
- Enter Bonus draws for scratch and jackpot games
- Find scratch ticket details such as the number of top prizes that remain
- Scan scratch and jackpot tickets and check which ones won
- Clearly showcases jackpot amounts and drawing results
- Saves your favorite numbers
- Allows for custom alerts
- Helps you get access to the nearest lottery retailers
- Gives access to free digital games
Daily Fantasy Sports in Colorado
Colorado has a passed law that allows the regulation of daily fantasy sports that occurred in 2016. Colorado offers legal daily fantasy sports. This law puts the Colorado Division of Professions and Occupations in the Department of Regulatory Agencies in charge of overseeing the local DFS industry and settling licensing and renewal fees.
It also prohibits employees from playing and ensures that while operators that have less than 7.500 users do not need to apply for a license, they have to register with the state itself. 18 years is the minimum age for DFS users and all of the data needs to be secure and the funds segregated. Sports betting regulated by the department of revenue.
Does Colorado Have Land-Based Casinos?
Yes, Colorado does indeed have land-based casinos, and these include:
- Bronco Billy’s Casino Hotel, Cripple Creek
- Mardi Gras Casino & Resort, Black Hawk
- Golden Gates Casino, Black Hawk
- Double Eagle Hotel & Casino, Cripple Creek
- Saratoga Casino Hotel, Black Hawk
- Century Casino & Hotel, Central City
How to Deposit and Withdraw From Gambling Sites
Making a deposit is extremely easy and similar to anything you would purchase online. You can use Bank cards such as a debit or credit card in the likes of Visa or Mastercard or even American Express and Discover cards. Prepaid cards such as a Visa gift card. Bank Transfers such as e-checks or even bill pay, but if the funds are larger you can also use wire transfers. Electronic wallets such as PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller also allow you to make purchases, however, you have to initially fund these from your bank account.
You can even use cash by depositing them on-site at the cage or use a third-party provider such as PayNearMe. A check or a money order also works if you are feeling old-school. You can use all of these methods to Withdraw funds, almost all of them work except for example PayNearMe, in this case, you would have to use a different method to withdraw your funds.
Popular Payment Methods in CO
Popular payment methods include Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Prepaid Cards, Bank Transfers, Electronic Wallets, PayNearMe, and even Checks.
Minimum Gambling Age
The minimum gambling age in Colorado is 18 years.
- Does Colorado Have Any Legal Betting Tracks or Shops?
- Yes, sports betting in Colorado is legal as of May 1st, 2020.
- Does Colorado Allow Off-Track Betting?
- Colorado has one live horse racetrack facility, known as Arapahoe Park in Aurora, which offers several off-track betting facilities statewide with wagering on horse and greyhound racing throughout the entire year.
- Are There Taxes on Winnings?
- Indeed there are, as Colorado charges operators a 10% tax on sports betting revenue.
- Is Social Gaming Allowed in Colorado?
- Yes, Colorado law does allow a social gambling exception, which lets people gamble if it is incidental to a bona fide social relationship and is participated by natural people.